Friday, June 6, 2008

Writing about study habits

Hai… I’m Yati. Anyone have any really good study habits that they would like to share? I have a study habits, but I’m not sure it is the best way or not. First of all, I need to establish my goal. I’m responsible for my successes and also my failures. What is it that I trying to accomplish through studying? What can motivate me? After these questions are answered, I can better arrange my priorities in order to be successful at reaching my goal. I always remember that my goal and priorities should be dictated by me, not by the people who surround me.

Then, I will find the times and places when and where I can do the best work is essential to being successful and reaching my goals. I will more alert in the midnight. I usually study more than 7 hour in a week. I also have a room or quiet place that is set up for my study. It should be free from distractions, climate-controlled, and hold everything that I need to have an effective study session (textbooks, notebooks, a dictionary, laptop, etc.). I prefer to study alone. Sometimes, my friends ask me to study with them but we usually start chatting about other things without do anything that important.

I have a hard time paying attention, and concentrating in my classes. I am starting to work harder these days, though study tips would be very helpful. I am currently a sophomore in university, and I want to do better than before. If the lecturer writes something on the board and doesn't require for me to take notes, I still jot down something in my notebook to help me better understand. I always save the papers that I have got in class. So, I can refer back for tests and for the final exam. When studying, I will cover the word and talk out loud the definition and vice versa. Rewriting and rereading key facts help me to engrave them in my memory. I’ll read over my notes and the most important things that I need to know for the test. I also trust my brain!

Finally, I follow the old adage - if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. For example, if I working on a math problem that I cannot figure out, staring at the page probably will not help. I will discuss the problem with another student or the lecturer. The point is that to succeed, I know that I need to exhaust all possibilities and paths to success until I reach my goal.

No comments: